WL820 Temperature Controlled Cold Room
The WL820 (8’x20’) ground resting temperature controlled cold room provides temperature ranges from 0°F to -22°F.
Polar Leasing’s WL820 temperature controlled cold rooms are walk-in combination freezer/refrigeration units specifically designed and engineered for customers operating in the pharmaceutical cold chain. Each custom-built cold room has an option for rental validation. For added efficiency and to further protect the integrity of the products stored inside, each cold room features vinyl strip curtains to reduce the amount of cold loss or heat gain.
Temperature Controlled Cold Rooms
Polar Leasing currently supplies many pharmaceutical companies involved in temperature-sensitive distribution. From research and development to the clinical trials phase, pre-conditioning gel packs and PCMs prior to transport, Polar Leasing temperature-controlled chamber rentals are the perfect on-site solution for temporary refrigeration anywhere throughout the cold chain.
- Pre-wired, pre-assembled, and ready to operate. Just make an electrical connection.
- Electric-powered – no fumes, fuel bills, or diesel engine noise.
- Can be placed anywhere – grass, gravel, or relatively uneven surfaces.
- Seamless fiberglass construction is immune to heat, cold, and bad weather.
- Placed at ground level for easy access – no ramp necessary.
- Temperature range of 0°F / -18°C to -22°F / -30°C.
- Perfect for PCM applications.
- Heavy duty non-skid floor
- Lockable door latch
- Self-closing hinges
- Hasp lock (ext. door)
- Safety release handle
- Heated door jamb
- Magnetic gasket
- Door closer
- Sweep seal
- Low ambient controls
- Defrost timer
- Heated relief port
- Light switch/pilot light
- Rain cap exterior doors
- Remote thermometer
- Interior lighting
- Crowned roof
- Heated freezer door
Polar Leasing and Phase Change Materials (PCM)
Phase Change Materials (PCM) is a substance that melts and solidifies a at precise temperature. When a PCM freezes, it releases large amounts of energy known as “Latent Heat.”
Benefits of PCMs
- Maintain Precise Temperature
- Reach/Maintain Sub-Zero Performance
- Temperature Ranges of: 0°C (32°F), -7°C (19.4°F), -16°C (3.2°F), and -21°C (-5.8°F).
- Reusable and Non-Toxic
- Maintains low temperatures three to five times longer than ice or dry ice.